Blogger Interrogation Episode III: Revenge of the Aniblogger
I’ve been tagged again (two more times, in fact!). This will most definitely be my final post in this game (though it’s been a lot of fun). For the sake of brevity, I’ll simply link to the rules here.
Questions: Set 1
Here are my first set of answers, for the questions posed by Annoying Dragon:
1. If you could pick a book/anime to have with you on a desert island, what would it be?
I would definitely bring the Bible for spiritual nourishment. As for anime…I think I might take Toradora!, as it’s one of a just a few series that I can watch that series over and over and over again.
2. What book/anime universe would you like to live in?
Sword Art Online‘s universe is really appealing to me right now. I’m not into such games, but the “real life” of it all seems a lot more interesting than the gaming aspect.
3. Who is your fictional soulmate?
Hmm…soulmate? Interesting question. I wonder how to define that word. My wife is my “soulmate,” though she and I are compliments in action rather than the “madly in love” or “we complete each others’ sentences” types.
If I’m thinking of someone who is like my wife, I think that Rakka from Haibane Renmei is very close to her in terms of personality, attitude, and even looks.
4. Why do you like anime and what are some aspects of anime that you could do without?
I’m able to invest in the characters in anime more than in any other medium. I connect with them at a very personal level. Through the years, this has remained the same.
And I could do without fanservice.
5. And because I am really curious and sometimes a bit strange, what’s your favourite food?
My favorite kind of food is Korean – I grew up with it and still love it to this day. But my favorite single dish is simply a tasty slice of pizza.
Questions: Set 2
And now, responses to questions posed by John Samuel:
1. Come up with a cryptic but accurate description for an anime and see how many people can guess which show it is. Ideally the show should be better than it sounds.
A forgetful boy returns to an adopted home. He meets a girl with a speech impediment who is also a kleptomaniac. Of course, he falls in love with her. Also, there’s snow.
2. What is the one thing about a show most likely to make you flee in terror screaming “My eyes! My eyes!”
Fanservice featuring underage character. DISGUSTING.
3. Name a show where the opening is the only good thing about it
Elfen Lied has an intriguing opening…
Oooh, I already did this one. I’ll copy and paste my earlier answer:
Since I haven’t watched that much Pokemon (showing my age), I had to do a little research. And my conclusion? Darkrai sounds pretty cool:
Darkrai possibly feeds off dreams…
5. Favourite Dub
I was “raised” on dubs and have a number that I really treasure. My favorites are those for Tenchi Muyo!, Princess Mononoke, and Cowboy Bebop.
Questions: Set 3
And just for a round number, I’ll include Pooh-chii’s questions, which were proposed for anyone to answer.
1. Which of my blogging projects would you like to see me consistently post about more often? If none is there a blog project you would like to see me pick up? Or can you suggest me an anime. ANYTHING. And maybe you’ll see a review of it on here!
2. If you could have any mecha from any anime which one would it be and what would you use it for?
I’m not much into mecha series, but I do remember liking the ones from Broken Blade. Maybe I’ll take the main one in that show and go jump around in it. Then I’d go over to Syria and do what the rest of the world is unwilling to.
3. What is the best show that you haven’t watched yet?
The Kara no Kyoukai series of movies remains on my watch list. I think this might be it.
4. People need to advance further in the universe. Do you wish to go into SPACE or under the sea?
I just saw an episode of Planet Earth about caves and how unexplored and amazing they are (many are underwater). Very cool. Still…as with any boy, I think, I still dream of space exploration.
5. What is the worst thing to have happened in your favourite anime for you?
I’m sure there’s something worse that I can’t remember, but Hiroko Asahina’s fate in RahXephon pretty much stuck a dagger in me.
Questions: Set 4 (Late Addition)
1. Why are you still into anime/manga after all these year(s)? What keeps you interested in this mode of entertainment?
I guess there are a few reasons. One is that I simply find it more entertaining than almost all television shows and most films I watch. And as I mentioned in a question above, I connect with the characters in many anime – and I like the feeling I get from that. And finally, there’s no doubt I’m motivated to watch because I blog – the community at this site (and in the greater blogosphere) encourages me to continue watching.
2) If you could only visit/revisit one anime/manga series before you er…kick the bucket, what would it be? *(Wildcard-tell something interesting about yourself)*
I think I would need to revisit something life affirming – for all the things I disliked about the series (mostly the first half of After Story), I might picked Clannad.
* I’m not a people person. It sucks the energy right out of me when I feel I “have to be on,” which is quite frequently at work. I’m supposed to sit down for a meeting with the governor of Texas this week, and I’m dreading it. Don’t get me wrong – I’m interesting in meeting him, but having to be on for 30 minutes…ugh.
3. Who is your idol in the animanga industry? Be it a visionary director, a skilled seiyuu or even an animator, who is it?
Easy – Hayao Miyazaki. I admire his artistry and his stories, as well as all the positive elements in his films.
4. If you could have a chat with any fictional animanga character, who would it be?
Osaka from Azumanga Daioh maybe? I just think it’s be hilarious to sit and speak with her!
5. What’s the most important advice you’d give to a person who’s interested in writing as an aniblogger?
Be patient. Almost any goal you want to achieve (and you should think about your goal as you go in – is it to be read? To just get your thoughts down? Something else?) takes time. You can’t expect immediate results (though you get lucky and see them). Learn, adjust, and apply as you go along.
And that’s it! No more questions from me this time. It’s been a fun series of posts – thanks to Iso for creating it!